Who's who (front page)
Activate the 'Next' link to open the next biography. Use the 'Tab' key to move from the 'Next' link to the newly opened biography box.
Using your usual method, activate the link which best corresponds to your answer. On activation, your answer will be ready to submit. Tab to and activate the "Next" link to submit your answer and move to the next stage of the test.
The game can be played using the arrow keys (forward and backwards, left and right) and space bar (to launch the projectile).
Screen Reader Navigation
Visitors using recent versions of screen readers can navigate using the following keystrokes:
- 'H' to cycle forwards through the headings
- 'Shift' + 'H' to cycle backwards through the headings
- '1' to navigate to the next level 1 heading (or a number between 1 and 6 to navigate to the next heading on this level)
- 'Shift' + '1' to navigate to the previous level 1 heading (or a number between 1 and 6 to navigate to the previous heading on this level)
- 'Insert' + 'F6' to provide a list of all headings
- Press the 'Tab' key to proceed through the links or 'Shift' + 'Tab' to cycle backwards through the links.
- 'Insert' + 'F7' to provide a list of all links
For JAWS 10-12, the landmark keyboard navigation in virtual mode is:
- Next landmark ; (semi-colon)
- Previous landmark 'Shift' + ; (semi-colon)
- List landmarks 'Ctrl' + 'Insert' + ; (semi-colon)
For NVDA 2011.2, the landmark keyboard combination in virtual buffer mode is:
- Next landmark D
- Previous landmark 'Shift' + D
- List landmarks (and list/headings) NVDA + F7
VoiceOver users can navigate a page via landmarks by choosing 'landmarks' in the 'web rotor'. Finger flicking up or down will move you to the next or previous landmark.
Changing the colour and font of the display
This site does not currently offer alternate colour schemes, however you can use the controls in your browser to change the size of the text or the colour of the display.
For example, to override website font and colour settings in Internet Explorer:
- Open Internet Explorer by clicking the 'Start' button, and then clicking 'Internet Explorer'.
- Click the 'Tools' button and then click 'Internet Options'.
- Click the 'General' tab and then click 'Accessibility'.
- Select the 'Ignore colors specified on web pages', 'Ignore font styles specified on web pages' and 'Ignore font sizes specified on web pages check boxes', and then click 'OK' twice.
Channel4.com/space aims to provide a website that is accessible to the widest possible audience, regardless of technology or ability. We are actively working to increase the accessibility and usability of our website and in doing so we've been using the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 Level AA.
- The colour contrast of text conforms to at least WCAG AA standard.
- There are text alternatives for all non-text content, except for video content and third party content – see limitations below.
- Keyboard navigation has been carefully considered and tested – see keyboard controls.
- Modal dialogs / popups avoided.
- There is a skip to content link.
- Focused elements are clearly highlighted.
- We have avoided moving / autoplaying content.
- To help you enjoy this content in a variety of platforms it has been designed to be mobile friendly and resize for a variety of screen sizes and devices.
Due to certain constraints, we have had to include technologies and features that cause accessibility issues.
Where possible we have used an 'accessible' video player. Whilst this has some accessibility features, it is not fully accessible. In other places, the video player in use is out of our control.
It has not been possible to provide closed captions for all the video content shown on the site. The Space Game relies on visual elements and time-based elements in order to play it.
Channel4.com/space does not assume responsibility for third-party applications.
Let us know if you have difficulties using this site
If you find anything on the site difficult to use please let us know. Full details on how to contact us can be found at 4Viewers. Please don't forget to mention that you are contacting 4Viewers regarding the channel4.com/space website.